April 4-9, 2017 Cuernavaca, Morelos.
ABOUT CINEMA PLANETA
Cinema Planeta organizes Mexico’s premier environmental film festival to promote the protection of our natural environment. Every year since 2009, Cinema Planeta presents dozens of films that address interconnected social, environmental, economic, and cultural topics. The film festival now goes beyond just the cinema, offering the audience participative experiences through movie clubs, discussions with directors, conferences, workshops, art exhibits, public open-air movie showings, concerts, and science and technology fairs. Cinema Planeta’s national and international tours help to educate diverse audiences about relevant environmental themes and promote the Mexican cinema.
Cinema Planeta is an award-winning not-for-profit organization that was presented with the 2010 National Award for Environmental Conservation by the National Commission for Protected Natural Areas (CONANP) in Mexico.
To raise awareness about the conservation of our environment through the mediums of film, art and science.
Keep in touch by sending an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CALL FOR ENTRIES 2017
- For the official selection feature documentary films, production 2015-2017 concerning a wide range of environmental topics will be considered.
- All films should not have been commercially exhibited in Mexico before.
- The deadline to receive material for the competition selection is Wednesday, November 30th
- All material must be presented in its original version, with subtitles in Spanish or English, we ask to please upload the film and send the private link, (Vimeo, Youtube, etc.)
- The final display formats are: DCP*, BluRay, QT H.264 or Apple ProRes. Any other format will need a special authorization.
- *If it is a DCP format, you would also need to send a BluRay for display in rooms that do not have DCI compliant equipment.
- The Festival will use production stills and short clips from the movies for promotion.
- The selected films will compete for the following awards:
*JURY PRIZE FOR BEST FILM (50,000 Mexican Pesos)
* YOUTH JURY AWARD
- The decision of the Jury board is indisputable.
- Cinema Planeta will not pay any fee for the exhibition of the Official Selection in Competition films.
- In order to disseminate and raise awareness about environmental issues , Cinema Planeta performs screenings for cultural and educational purposes for schools , universities , festivals , institutions , cultural centers and non-governmental organizations in Mexico and in member countries of our network. The selected films will be chosen to be part of a traveling festival in the course of 2017 and early 2018. The organizers of Cinema Planeta will communicate in advance to directors and / or producers and distributors the dates and places of each projection. They will also be considered for inclusion in educational programs for the POP Movement ( Protect Our Planet) in Mexico that seeks to inspire young people to collaborate with local solutions to global warming. All screenings during this traveling festival and POP programs will be free of charge to the public.
- You can submit your film via FilmFreeway: https://filmfreeway.com/festival/CinemaPlaneta
This is the information you will be requested in order to submit:
Title, Synopsis, Website, Twitter, Facebook, Digital Press Kit, High resolution production photos, HD Trailer, Posters, Directors bio and high resolution headshot, Production credits and type of production, Genre, running time and completion date, Country of origin and country of filming, Film language, aspect ratio, Distribution information, Film dialog script in English or Spanish if the film isn’t subtitled in Spanish already
*For any questions or problems related to FilmfreeWay or how to submit your film, please contact the programming department at email@example.com
- The selected films will be notified by Cinema Planeta´s Programming Department on Monday, December 19th, 2016.
If pending, all the materials and information requested during the submission process should be submitted by Friday January 20th, 2017 for selected films. Films with incomplete information and materials will be disqualified.